Welcome....today's anger level is....Red

Monday, June 4, 2007

Two's Top Five: Reasons I Hate America

1. American citizens don't care about voting.

2. Its the land of opportunity but only if your a protestant heterosexual white man.

3. The government doesn't work for the people (even though the people are the ones who give government the power).

4. We as Americans are intolerant of other cultures while expecting other cultures to bend to our ways. The old saying, " When in Rome..." doesn't apply to the red white and blue. Then we wonder why people abroad hate Americans.

5. Americans get up in arms about "moral issues" such as gay marriage but ignore the fact that American children aren't getting the quality education that they'll need to compete in our global economy.

There are more reasons that I could list but this is the top five; even though I may hate America I still love it. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I am grateful that these are the problems in these United States. I eat well, have my health, and and enjoy my freedom...I just feel like the promise of America has not been fulfilled.

No comments: